Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Bluebird Business Awards Program is an annual business community event created to help showcase the impact and vital role that businesses play in the overall development of our community. Below are the award categories, information on the nomination process, and established criteria for measuring and defining excellence.
Award winners set themselves apart from the competition and are outstanding representatives of the best our City has to offer. Businesses are recognized for their creativity, vitality, stability and relevance. Equally important in selecting winners are civic involvement and responsiveness, demonstrated commitment to the advancement of the Ellisville business community, corporate responsibility, employee recognition and excellence in service.
Self-nomination is encouraged, as well as nominations from business peers, customers, support organizations, and other parties positively impacted by the business. Winners will be announced at the Annual Bluebird Business Awards evening event held on Thursday, November 5, 2020. All winners, or their representative, must attend the event, so be sure to submit your nomination and mark your calendar!
* Be located in Ellisville
* Be committed to good business practices
* Have grown or sustained employee count and/or sales
* Have a good history of employee relations
* All taxes must be paid/proof of no tax due must be submitted
* Possess a current Ellisville business license
* Provide a business or organization description
* Provide complete contact information
* Must be open to independent reference and/or background check
Address must be in Ellisville
I certify the business has a current business license. (The City will verify winners)
I certify all taxes (Federal, State and Local) are paid and current (Proof of no tax due may be required of winners). This information may be requested from the Missouri Department of Revenue at (573) 751-9268 or on-line at www.dor.mo.gov (will need their 8-digit state tax ID #)
I certify that the business will send a representative to the Ellisville Bluebird Business Award Ceremony to accept the award. (Failure to meet this requirement may result in forfeiture of the award)
I agree to independent reference and/or background check.
Please enter the name of the Ellisville business you would like to nominate for the following award(s)
For the business that sponsors events or activities that further the high standard of living in Ellisville. This award is presented to a business or organization actively creating a positive impact on the community, their workforce and/or the environment:
1. Show a commitment to social responsibility and provide examples of what the business or organization has done in the past year to further its impact on the Ellisville community, workforce and/or environment (this may include sponsorships, scholarship support, internships, team support within the Ellisville community, charitable activities that strengthen our community, youth activities, or any of the many ways you have witnessed a business “give back” to our Ellisville community). Describe:
This award acknowledges a successful company that takes pride in its commitment to its clientele. Winners have demonstrated positive customer feedback and an innovative program or initiative
1. Describe business growth or sustained employee count and/or sales; ratio or percent is acceptable; actual sales revenue is optional
2. Describe the business’ success in terms of increase in sales or unit volume; increase in staff and/or square footage; staying power; innovation of product or services offered; contributions to Ellisville community-oriented projects; or other pertinent activities/factors:
3. Provide a history of customer feedback supported by at least five positive testimonials: (upload documents)
Customers and residents respond to communities with more pleasant and inviting environments. This award acknowledges a company that displays abundant pride in ownership by enhancing the curb appeal of its business. Award is based on most improved/maintained storefront. The visual appearance of the exterior business and storefront will determine the winner.
1. Describe the beautification improvements:
2. Submit photographs of the site and/or storefront (before and after, if applicable)
This award recognizes a business or organization that has been in Ellisville three years or less and demonstrates a high level of entrepreneurial spirit, leadership, perseverance, innovation and determination.
1. Describe the business’ success (this may include increase in sales or unit volume (ratio or percent is acceptable. Actual sales revenue is not required); increase in staff and/or square footage; staying power; innovation of product or services offered; contributions to Ellisville community-oriented projects; or other pertinent activities/factors):
2. Describe any efforts which help illustrate their commitment to success, high level of entrepreneurial spirit, leadership, perseverance, creativity, and determination to be successful:
3. Has the business been in operation three years or less in Ellisville?
5. Provide an explanation as to why the business is successful and should still be growing five years from now (motivation, inspiration, aspiration):
This award is directed towards honoring longevity, quality products and/or services, and community service in businesses more than 10 years old within Ellisville.
1. Provide a complete description of such program success and/or initiatives or efforts that have kept the business viable over the years/decades
2. Describe the business’ success (this may include increase in sales or unit volume (ratio or percent is acceptable; actual sales revenue is not required); increase in staff and/or square footage; staying power; innovation of product or services offered; contributions to Ellisville community-oriented projects; or other pertinent activities/factors):
3. Provide four full years of revenue, as described under #2, above:
This award recognizes a project or endeavor that significantly enhances the City of Ellisville and helps to create lasting value.
1. Describe the project and its costs and how it has enhanced Ellisville as a desirable community (may be a business, residential, organizational, community, religious, or other project)
Designed to recognize non-profit organizations, churches, or similar groups that devote themselves to helping others in Ellisville, particularly businesses and/or those in need, thus improving the support, cooperation, and neighborliness of our city.
1. Describe the organization’s mission statement and role in the Ellisville Community
2. Give one or more specific examples of the organization’s contribution (preference given to examples involving Ellisville and Ellisville businesses):
This award recognizes a business or organization that makes significant contributions to the City of Ellisville. Winners contribute in “BIG” ways, including one or more of the following:
1. List and describe all sponsorships of community events and endeavors:
2. Number of employees:
3. List and describe significant fiscal contributions to the City (may include sponsorships, donations, taxes, or other forms of fiscal contributions to the City of Ellisville):
4. Describe the business or organization’s engagement in the City (other ways the business adds to city quality of life):
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field